[packman] Crashes WinFF, KMediafactory, Audex

Willem Franssen willemfranssen at planet.nl
Thu Jul 29 23:18:30 CEST 2010

  Hi,
Like earlier in OpenSUSE 11.2, WinFF crashes at startup in OpenSUSE 11.3
immediately. Message: Access Violation. In Suse 11.2 it had to do with
Gtk styles. When changing the style away from QTcurve the problem was
solved. In Suse 11.3 I tried every Gtk style, but nada.
Debug output WinFF 1.2.0-0.pm.2.1:
willem at linux-yljt:~> winff

[WARNING] Out of OEM specific VK codes, changing to unassigned
[WARNING] Out of unassigned VK codes, assigning $FF
[FORMS.PP] ExceptionOccurred
   Sender=EAccessViolation
   Exception=Access violation
   Stack trace:
   $B74771DE
   $0828DD5D
   $081BCBDB
   $081BBE2A
   $0817ADD8
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0817AEB5
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0817AEB5
   $08077E01
   $0807D0EC
   $0807E1A9
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0808550E
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
   Stack trace:
   $B74771DE
   $0828DD5D
   $081BCBDB
   $081BBE2A
   $0817ADD8
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0817AEB5
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0817AEB5
   $08077E01
   $0807D0EC
   $0807E1A9
   $0817A9C5
   $0817B9BA
   $0808550E

KMediafactory 0.8.0-2.pm.2.1 crashes immediately at startup. Message:
program uses  mjpegtools (mpeg2enc) and this has not be found on your
system. That's nonsense cause those packages are installed on my system
properly. Though debuginfo is installed, the console doesn't retrieve
debug output.

Finally I would ask you  to package Audex 0.72b1-2.1 with mp3 and other
codecs/encoders included. I have now installed the original version from
the KDE repositories, but Audex crashes immediately when scanning to
codecs. I have all codecs and encoders installed.

Good luck with your work for Packman.
Willem Franssen