[packman] [PM] vlc 1.1.0-10.pm.13.11 (openSUSE 11.3/x86_64)

Detlef Reichelt detlef at die-mafia.de
Sat Jul 3 11:28:28 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 02 Jul 2010 16:24:09 -0400
schrieb "William Pfeffer" <b_pfeffer at yahoo.com>:

> It was my understanding that vdpau was to be enabled for vlc 1.1 in
> 11.3beta/rc

Where did you read it?

> it was suggested by one of the moderators on the openSuse forum that
> I report this as a bug

Thats no bug, it's a feature request.

> fyi - vdpau shows in sMplayer

Sure, mplayer is quit easy to build with vdpau support, just build the
free libvdpau and enable it in mplayer.

But vlc needs some more, they use VAAPI instead. Libbva, libvpx and
the nonfree nvidia driver at buildtime. Don't know why the maintainer
of vlc doesn't use the free vdpau wrapper like mplayer...

Try out the vlc from vlc repo.

Detlef