[packman] Package request - Amaya 11.3

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 22 00:30:13 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:19:00 Javier Llorente wrote:
> On Sunday 21 February 2010 23:21:54 Rodney Baker wrote:

> > > Have you taken a look at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html ?
> > > They have rpms ;-)
> >
> > But they won't install due to failed dependencies that I don't have
> > enough knowledge of to resolve, hence I was hoping that someone could
> > assist by providing appropriately spec'ed packages for openSuSE...
>
> You probably got
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libcrypto.so.7 is needed by amaya_wx-11.3.1-0.i386
>         libssl.so.7 is needed by amaya_wx-11.3.1-0.i386
>

> For the time being, try the following (as root):
>
> rpm -ivh --nodeps amaya_wx-11.3.1-0.i386.rpm
>
> ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.7
> ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libssl.so.7
>
> After these steps, you should be able to run Amaya.

Thanks, Javier. That indeed seems to work (at least with a cursory check).
I'll test it out more thoroughly later to see if there are any oddities. I
tend to be wary of just creating symlinks to shared libraries in case there
are differences between versions that result in things like "undefined
symbols" or problems with other apps that also depend on these libraries.

> > I'd try doing it myself via OBS but I don't know the first thing about
> >  writing spec files. Yes, I've read the tutorials and it mostly means
> >  nothing to me. We need a "spec files for Dummies" guide somewhere...
>
> There are some resources on the wiki:
> http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_build_tutorial
>

> Greetings,

Yes, I've read them but they didn't help much because they assume a certain
level of knowledge. When it comes to rpm, my knowledge extends to the -ivh, -q
and -e switches...the rest of it might as well be black magic as far as I can
tell :-).

Thanks again for your help and advice, though.

Regards,
Rodney.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au