[packman] [PM] kde4-kdenlive 0.7.6-0.pm.1.3 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Thu Feb 18 11:37:40 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 schrieb oldcpu:
<snip>

> The latest mlt version provides limited vdpau capabilities to kdenlive,
> and I'm now able to process some video clips on an older 32-bit
> althlon-2800 (with a GeForce 8400GS) that gave me a bit more problems
> before the more recent mlt update (update less than 24 hours ago). I
> suspect that imporovement may be due to the updated mlt, albeit I'm not
> 100% certain.  Still, I much prefer using my faster Intel Core i7 920
> (with 6GB RAM) when it comes to using kdenlive. :)

from the mlt changelog:
- update to 0.5.0
- This is an enhancement release, confined mainly to the modules rather
  than the framework. In particular, this adds support for VDPAU, YADIF,
  and HD-SDI technologies!

* avformat producer:
 - added decoding H.264 with NVIDIA VDPAU
 Requires FFmpeg built with vdpau.
 This is automatically detected and enabled.

as our ffmpeg is vdpau enabled, mlt can use it.

> Lee

<snip>
--
have fun