[packman] OBS 2.x and new repository layout

Detlef Reichelt detlef at die-mafia.de
Fri Dec 31 13:46:43 CET 2010

Moin,

Am Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:16:18 +0100
schrieb Herbert Graeber <herbert at links2linux.de>:

> I would like to have a variant of option 3 on top of option 2:
>
> codecs:11.2
> multimedia:11.2
> games:11.2
> stuff:11.2

hm, why codecs and multimedia?

multimedia (1)
contrib (all other stuff)
games

In (1) we should provide all libs and apps which are crippled by
openSUSE (linked to obs) _and_ most wanted apps/libs that are not
shipped with openSUSE, for example vlc/mplayer/mad/ffmpeg etc.

Newer version of vlc should be build in contrib and if we don't get
bugreports for some time, it could be add in multimedia.

And if we have directories on vesta like

openSUSE_11.3/multimedia
openSUSE_11.3/conrib
openSUSE_11.3/games

we could run a createrepo on openSUSE_11.3 with repodata in
openSUSE_11.3/repodata. So we could offer packman as big
repo too. Never tried this, but should work... ;)

Detlef