[packman] [PM] lightspark 0.4.4-0.pm.1.8 (openSUSE 11.3/x86_64)

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Tue Dec 14 13:14:05 CET 2010

Hi,

Lightspark 0.4.5 has been released
(https://launchpad.net/lightspark/trunk/lightspark-0.4.5). And also
llvm 2.8*

But I write because of the liblightspark0_4 package. I don't see a
cause to split the library in a new package. The Shared Library
Packaging Policy doesn't applies here, the library exists only because
it's shared between the executables and the plugin. It's a
"private/internal" shared library.
Also the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/lightspark.conf and ldconfig calls could be
avoided using the rpath the upstream's cmake system wants to use.
There is no point in trying to make public a private library, no other
program can use it without the headers anyway.

See what Fedora does:
http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/rpms/lightspark/devel/lightspark.spec?root=free&view=markup

* Needs https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=llvm-2.8-gcc45_fix.patch&package=llvm&project=devel:tools:compiler
and https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=clang-2.8-gcc45_fix.patch&package=llvm&project=devel:tools:compiler