[packman] [PM] ardour2 2.8-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Dec 7 23:50:16 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010 schrieb Bruno Canning:
> Hi Toni,
>
> I've got a problem with ardour2. There hasn't been a package built since
> openSUSE 11.1 was released and 11.3 has been out for a few months now. I
> notice that you are the packager for ardour2, so that's why I'm writing
> to you today. I appreciate that you may be busy (or you might have just
> forgotten about this) but is there any chance of building an up to date
> package for 11.3?

ardour2 and jack are no longer provided.

The reason I dropped those packages from the packman repo is simple:
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2008-December/022310.html

you should read the whole thread :)

and as long as such people can post such messages on official mailing-lists,
and none of the audio-gurus there (I've packaged most of their programms for
openSuSE) does nothing against or bann such persons I have no interest at all
to provide such packages.

--
have fun
Toni