[packman] python-wxGTK-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.9

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Sun Dec 5 11:37:17 CET 2010

On 2010-12-05 11:00:26 (+0100), Michael Häsel <mail at michael-haesel.de> wrote:
> Hello

Hi Michael

> [German below, I'm not sure which language to use]

Both are fine, but I will reply in english, that way everyone can
understand, in case they run into the same problem ;)

> during the installation of the package python-wxGTK-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.9 I
> receive the following error message:
> Installation von: python-wxGTK-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.9 [Fehler]
> Installation von python-wxGTK-2.8.10.1-2.pm.20.9 fehlgeschlagen:
> (mit --nodeps --force) Fehler: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM fehlgeschlagen:
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/tools/Editra: cpio: rename failed - Is a
> directory

That is the typical error message which happens during an upgrade and a
symbolic link is replaced with a directory (or the opposite, I don't
remember exactly). cpio, which is used as the internal archive format in
RPMs, is not capable of handling that properly.

That being said, I'm currently having our wxWidgets package under
scrutiny, as it also causes other problems.
Basically, it is not completely compatible with the wxGTK packages that
ship with openSUSE, which is most likely also the reason for the problem
you ran into.

> Only ignoring the installation of this package helps me out. Maybe the
> maintainer of this package can solve this problem.

I'm going to try to align the package with the openSUSE one, which will
hopefully solve that issue (and others).

Thanks for reporting!

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>