[packman] [PM] kde4-kdenlive 0.7.7.1-0.pm.1.3 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64)

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Tue Aug 10 00:47:12 CEST 2010

  Hartmut,

My experience with 11.1 and kdenlive is it does not work properly with
KDE-4.4.4 on openSUSE-11.1 unless one does the custom rebuild that I
described in a previous post.

Even the old version (from February) that you referenced in my view did
not work well with KDE-.4.1.3 (with the latest mlt versions) and it
works even less adequate (almost non-functional) with 4.4.4 and the
latest mlt.  Hence a custom rebuild is needed for 4.4.4 (where such a
custom Packman rebuild for 11.1 users with KDE-4.4.4 is NOT practical,
since 11.1 officially comes with KDE-4.1.3 and most 11.1 users have
4.1.3).   Having a KDE-4.4.4. build on Packman would create havoc and is
not likely easy to build with the build service.

With my being a user who provides support on openSUSE forums, I hope
that such a custom kdenlive package (for 4..4.4) is not provided as it
would complicate my life tremendously in trying to provide support on
openSUSE forum.  I suspect Toni may have similar reasons.

Rather if you must use 11.1 with the non-official KDE-4.4.4 and want
kdenlive, then rebuild like Toni recommended and like I explained how to
do in a previous post.  Toni did a superb job of creating an excellent
.src file.

Lee