[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.5.22965svn-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.2/x86_64)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Apr 29 13:32:02 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 29. April 2010 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> 2010/4/27 Manfred Tremmel <manfred at links2linux.de>:
> > Am Dienstag, 27. April 2010 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> >> Using the latest version of your ffmpeg package I get a problem
> >> compiling some software.
> >> As an example, this is the relevant part of config.log from
> >> Aegisub:
> >>
> >> configure:24901: checking whether FFMPEG works
> >> configure:24958: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wextra
> >> -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-long-long -fpermissive
> >>  -fno-strict-aliasing -std=c++98 -pipe -O2
> >> -I/usr/include/libswscale -I/usr/include/libavutil
> >> -I/usr/include/libavcodec
> >> -I/usr/include/libavutil   -I/usr/include/libavformat
> >> -I/usr/include/libavcodec -I/usr/include/libavutil
> >> -I/usr/include/libavutil   -lswscale   -lavcodec   -lavformat
> >> -lavutil   conftest.cpp -lm  >&5
> >> In file included from /usr/include/libavutil/avutil.h:81,
> >>                  from /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:30,
> >>                  from /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:56,
> >>                  from conftest.cpp:3:
> >> /usr/include/libavutil/common.h: In function 'int32_t
> >>  av_clipl_int32(int64_t)': /usr/include/libavutil/common.h:154:
> >>  error: 'UINT64_C' was not declared in this scope
> >
> > Take a look at:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/fink-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg210
> >03.html
> >
> > adding -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS to the compiler flags my fix this
> > problem.
> >
> >> Other software gives the same UINT64_C problem at some point. It
> >>  seems the problem comes from this exact version:
> >> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-cvslog/2010-April/02921
> >>2.html
> >
> > Sorry, was not my desission to change this.
>
> At the ffmpeg-devel IRC channel I got a "libav* uses C99 if you want
> to use it from C++ you're on your own". Since I don't like the idea
>  of having to patch every and each (spec from) C++ app that uses
>  libavutil what I propose is to patch the libavutil/common.h header
>  with.

I've changed all packages in our repo with this Problem. I don't like to
patch svn versions, especialy ffmpeg is in permanent flow, so I can't
say what problem this would make in the future. I'm compiling the latest
svn every day and I don't like to fix the patches every time. And adding
this patch would cause a rebuild of the halfe of our repository. Sorry,
but I don't think we should do this.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/