[packman] FFmpeg problems

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Apr 3 12:23:17 CEST 2010

Am Samstag, 3. April 2010 schrieb rlee:
> I'm sorry my original message was too terse.
> I transcode from wma to flac quite a bit. I've found that starting on
>  or about 24 Mar I could not transcode that way anymore. After many
>  attempts I learned  how to do  ffmpeg -format in terminal. I found
>  that wma is not in the list of available codecs anymore, is that
>  omission inadvertent or have new laws come in to cause this?
> If still legal can they be re-installed,please?

WMA Support never was removed, there are wmapro, wmav1, wmav2 and
wmavoice decoders and wmav1 and wmav2 encoders compiled in. And I don't
have problems play wma radio streams using kaffeine or vlc.
I don't know why wma is not listed in the output of 'ffmpeg -formats'.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/