[packman] Conflict between hpcups & ghostscript-x11 on openSuSE 10.3

Andrea Florio andrea at links2linux.de
Tue Sep 1 10:46:22 CEST 2009

Administrator ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I know that openSuSE is old, but I'd be grateful if you could help.
>
> I had ghostscript-x11 installed from the openSuSE updates repository & hpcups
> from your repository.  The recent updates conflict, and the auto-update now
> keeps on trying to uninstall ghostscript-x11 if I have hpcups installed,
> which is not desired behaviour.
>
> I've had to downgrade & lock hplip & taboo hpcups to prevent this problem from
> recurring.
>
> Could you change the compatibility of hpcups so ghostscript-x11 doesn't keep
> getting uninstalled, or add a version of ghostscript-x11 which is compatible?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David

can you please provide and update using zypper and send me the conflit
that is showed?

actually i have  both packages updated with no conflicts:

anubis at suse-laptop:~> rpm -qi ghostscript-x11
Name        : ghostscript-x11              Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 8.62                              Vendor: openSUSE
Release     : 31.43.1                       Build Date: gio 14 mag 2009
12:07:09 CEST
Install Date: ven 12 giu 2009 22:24:46 CEST      Build Host: crumb

Group       : Productivity/Publishing/PS    Source RPM:
ghostscript-library-8.62-31.43.1.src.rpm
Size        : 94390                            License: GPL v2 or later

Signature   : RSA/8, gio 14 mag 2009 12:10:05 CEST, Key ID
b88b2fd43dbdc284
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org

URL         : http://www.ghostscript.com/

Summary     : Ghostscript for the X Window System

Description :

If you plan to preview PostScript documents under the X Window System

you need to install this.

Authors:
- --------
    Peter Deutsch <ghost at aladdin.com>
    Martin Lottermoser <Martin.Lottermoser at mch.sni.de>
    Pierre-Olivier Gaillard <pierre.gaillard at hol.fr>
    Gunther Hess <gunther at elmos.de>
    Yves Arrouye <Yves.Arrouye at marin.fdn.fr>
    and many others

anubis at suse-laptop:~> rpm -qi hplip-hpcups
Name        : hplip-hpcups                 Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.9.8                             Vendor:
http://packman.links2linux.de
Release     : 15.pm.27.1                    Build Date: mar 18 ago 2009
19:40:52 CEST
Install Date: mer 19 ago 2009 20:05:35 CEST      Build Host: eckhaus
Group       : Hardware/Printing             Source RPM:
hplip-3.9.8-15.pm.27.1.src.rpm
Size        : 279813                           License: BSD 3-Clause;
GPL v2 or later; X11/MIT
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, mar 18 ago 2009 19:41:42 CEST, Key ID
f899f20d9a795806
Packager    : Andrea Florio <andrea at links2linux.de>
URL         : http://hplipopensource.com/
Summary     : HPCUPS for HP's printing and scanning software HPLIP
Description :
The new native CUPS driver (HPCUPS) is now the default printer driver.
HPCUPS requires CUPS 1.2 or higher and is a complete replacement for HPIJS.
HPCUPS provides new paper sizes for borderless and duplex.
This means we now have PPDs with exact printable regions for normal,
borderless and duplex paper sizes.
For full documentation and license see the main-package hplip.

Authors:
- --------
    David Suffield <david.suffield at hp.com>
    Cory Meisch <cory.meisch at hp.com>
    Yie Shiyun <shiyun.yie at hp.com>
    Donald J. Welch <donald.welch at hp.com>
    Cauligi Raghothama S. <raghothama.cauligi at hp.com>

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea at opensuse.org
Packman Packaging Team