[packman] Nouveau Nvidia Driver

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 15:42:28 CEST 2009

ABHAY SIDRAM VANJARI wrote:
>Sirs,
>	Please release driver package for Nouveau driver.

You find it on

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jobermayr/
(for openSUSE 11.1, Factory and later for 11.2)

If you use openSUSE 11.1 you additionally have to install a
kernel from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/ and
XOrg from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/

It will be recommended that you update then to 11.2 because I will remove packages for 11.1 short time after release...

or

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/oertel:/Radeon_DRI2/
(only for Factory and later also for 11.2) -> it is as current as my repository - only package versions are frozen by 20090812...

Just install "drm-all-kmp-...", "xorg-x11-driver-nouveau" and "Mesa" and update Kernel and XOrg to current versions...

Note:
all packages are very experimental so it could be that there are some regressions and/or you risk an unstable or not working system...

Note especially for nouveau:
3D support is provided via Mesa (gallium) and is very experimental. So there
is no support from developers.

If you have further questions CC me.

Johannes