[packman] unicap 0.9.7-0.pm.2.2 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64)

Dennis Gallion dwgallien at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 8 20:58:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am sending this as you are listed as the Packman packager for this app.  Thank you very much in advance for reading this message.

The unicap package fails to install due to missing dependency libunicap2.  Similarly, package ucview fails missing dependency libunicap.so.2.

I did find a 9.3 version of unicap with libunicap2, but that dates back to SuSE 10.2.  I have looked at the unicap-imaging website and in the source packages, but cannot find any information regarding unicap2 vs unicap1.

Is this perhaps just an error in the .rpm dependency tree?  Do you know what the problem (or solution) is?

Again, thank you very much for your time.

Dennis Gallien
Barnesville, Georgia
USA