[packman] VLC 1.0.2.2.1 OpenSuse 11.1 i586

Willem Franssen willemfranssen at planet.nl
Fri Oct 2 21:32:14 CEST 2009

Hello,
Neither VLC 1.0.2.2.1 Packman repository (OpenSuse 11.1 i586) nor  VLC
1.0.2 pm 2.1 (one click install Packman) do play wmv-files anymore. In
earlier versions it was no problem at all. Error message: no usable
decoder module present; vlc does not support wma2 audio-or video
formats; vlc does not support wmv3 audio-or video formats. VLC 1.0.2
under Windows does.
I have to play wmv files now with SMPlayer, which I think it is even better.
Can any one help me with the vlc player?
Thanks, Willem Franssen, Netherlands