[packman] [PM] libvdpau 0.2-0.pm.2.1 (openSUSE 11.2/i586)

Lee Matheson lee.matheson at rijira.net
Thu Nov 5 00:02:44 CET 2009

There are changes brewing wrt vdpau and nvidia:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2009-September/001036.html

It was also announced here on the nvidia site:

I was not clear if the Packman openSUSE packagers were tracking this
development, so I thought that I would mention this here.  The nvidia
site notes:  "For users currently using VDPAU-based applications, we
will continue to ship libvdpau and libvdpau_trace as part of the .run
installer while distributions start to build their own packages for
VDPAU. Once it is established in the distributions, we will stop
including them in the .run package and users will need to start using
the distro packages or building the library from source.

I was curious if this Packman packaged "libvdpau" is compliant with
these new "coming soon" vdpau developments?

Lee
aka oldcpu