[packman] Azureus/Vuze built from source

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue May 12 17:30:03 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
> Hi,
>
> I created a Vuze package in the openSUSE Build Service, it's based on
> Fedora's. It is compiled from source and has some heavy patches
> removing Windows/Mac parts, new version checks, etc.
> The thing is I started to use KTorrent, so I will not mantain it
> anymore. So, since I saw you just take the precompiled JAR file from
> upstream, in case you are interested, it is available at
> home:RedDwarf:java:nobuild, with the deps available at
> home:RedDwarf:java.
> If nobody is interested I will just let it die there.

without digging deeper in your packages:
how did you package the bouncycastel-packages ? There is a problem because
they must be signed with a trusted key. Even jpackage bundle them as binary.

And AFAIK you'll need a lot of packages/dependencies only available in the
jpackage-1.7 repository(not useable at the moment for packman packages).

I've tried to build Vuze from source but this "beast" needs a lot of patching
for every release :)

In my attempts I used most of those patches:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/azureus/

--
have fun
Toni