[packman] Blu-ray video authoring tools - suggestion for openSUSE 11.1

Terje J. Hanssen nteknikk at monet.no
Sun May 3 23:10:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

The 'Blu-ray video authoring tools' available source on Softpedia looks
to be for BD-R/RE video what dvdauthor is for DVD video, and the only
free BD mastering tool I've seen so far for Linux.
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Blu-ray-video-authoring-tools-Download-28112.html

It would be nice if Packman can build it for openSUSE 11.1 users (?)

This CinelerraCV email list thread shows that it compiles on 32bit on
Ubuntu, while there were problems on 64bit Debian
https://init.linpro.no/pipermail/skolelinux.no/cinelerra/2009-January/015346.html
http://e.kevb.net/lurker/message/20090122.192110.2a67458d.en.html

Another related tool mentioned on Softpedia 'LimSee3' is a multimedia
authoring tool.
As LimSee3 is developed in Java, I don't know if has to be build or
customized more to be used on openSUSE (?)
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/LimSee3-37622.shtml

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen
Mo i Rana