[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.5-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/x86_64)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Wed Mar 25 20:04:07 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch, 25. März 2009 schrieb Tuukka Pasanen:

> Are ffmpeg packages somehow borked in Packman repos? When I recompile

The only bugs I got reportet until now:
- ffmpeg 0.5.pm.1 does not accept options like "-album" "-title" etc
  (I haven't patched anything, there's no configure option and I can't
  find this options in the source code, so it looks like the where
  removed, I've told to address to ffmpeg bugzilla)
- Why is nvidia-vdpau-devel needed by libffmpeg-devel (because the vdpau
  support I've enabled in ffmpeg)
- The URL of the ffmpeg homepage has changed (will not recompile only to
  change it, but is changed on our website and will be changed in the
  next build)

> them on my openSUSE 11.1 box
> they work fine but when I install them from Packman repo they just do
> nothing.. it's something to do with av_register_all

I'm using 11.1 x86_64 package myselve, it's the base of my most used
programm Kaffeine (using libxine which is using ffmpeg) and converted
different video and audio formats. It all seems to work here.
What means "they just do nothing"?
What exactly did you do and what's the results (error message, broken
video, ...)?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/