[packman] MPlayer VDPAU

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Wed Mar 4 19:19:13 CET 2009

Am Dienstag 03 März 2009 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Manfred Tremmel <manfred at ...> writes:
> > I've just sent ffmpeg to our PMBS, ffmpeg has dumped version to 0.5
>
> Could you wait until it is officially released? I don't care very
> much, but I remember troubles with vlc, am I correct?

I've rebuilding ffmpeg one or two times a month from cvs. We had trouble
with some builds in the past, that's true, but vlc is one thing I'm
testing before I'm uploading a new package. For myselfe I'm rebuilding
daily fresh to see, what changes.

> The release should take place soon, afaict.

When there will be a official tarball, I'll update once again. SVN is
allready past 0.5, so I'm not sure, there realy will be a release
tarball...

> > (there are no official releases, there's no 0.5 tarball arround,
> > but that's more "release" then we has since many years) in the
> > release notes. I'll build it with vdpau support.
>
> While I fear nobody is currently using it: Please do so!

I don't have a GPU which supports vdpau (end even if I had, I wouldn't
use it as longe there's no free driver which supports it), but I've
tested the vdpau supported codecs on my non vdpau computers. It doesn't
have any negativ effect (it workes like before and I can't see any
speed differences), so why not including it?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/