[packman] [PM] mythplugins 0.21-21 (openSUSE 11.1/i586), [PM] transcode 1.1.0-0.pm.2 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Mar 1 20:01:29 CET 2009

Am Sonntag 01 März 2009 schrieb Robert Nestor:

> I've noticed an incompatibility in the mytyplugins and transcode
> packages there were recently posted for use with OpenSUSE 11.1.
>
> The mythvideo module in mythplugins uses transcode for some post-
> processing, but the arguments it passes are not compatible with the
> latest version of transcode.  The last two arguments on the command
> line built by mythvideo appear to cause problems.  This would appear
> to be a problem in the mythvideo code.

Can you post the transcode call and tell us, what options do not work?

> In the transcode package the problem notes that Divx encoding will
> not be supported in a future version, but it appears the package is
> linked against the shared libraries in this version. That should
> permit the option to be used, but the transcode package doesn't
> include the necessary shared library as being required.  So while the
> installation proceeds without error, unless the user manually
> installs the required shared libraries the program will fail to
> execute properly.  This doesn't match the documentation which
> indicates the program supports Divx encoding.

DivX is a closed source, nonfree codec, it can't be included in the
transcode package. I've uploaded divx packages for openSUSE 11.1:
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/divx

Maybe this will solve the problems. I'll not add some requirements to
proprietary packages and I'm not happy to have them available on our
site. Use xvid or mpeg4 encoding with ffmpeg, if possible.

> Thanks for all the hard work.  I hope this information will be
> helpful. -bob
>
> BTW, I tried rebuilding the mythplugins from source myself, but this
> depends on a LibJack2 Package which used to be available on Packman
> but was recently removed and deleted by the packager.

Are your sure, your packages are up to date? This dependency was changed
in the last rebuild (0.21-21) and it includes patches for the new
transcode version.
Also be sure, you have installed the latest transcode package, I've
changed some configure options for compatibility with some programms
(e.g. dvdrip).

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/