[packman] libxine compiled without ogg support?

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Jul 23 20:30:04 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009 schrieb Sven Burmeister:

> I use openSUSE 11.1 and when I try to play ogg audio files via xine
> (it's own GUI, so no KDE phonon etc. involved) it tells me that there
> is no demuxer available for that format. Mp3s do work and playing
> oggs via VLC does work too. Playing oggs via phonon fails as well, so
> I thought it might be a genuine issue.

I'll always compile with ogg support, you can test if the ogg demuxer is
inside the package using

rpm -ql libxine1 | grep ogg

If nothing is found, the demuxer is missing, otherwise you can check if
the file realy exists. If all this is true, use

xine --verbose=99 /path/to/oggfile

and look at the output, xine tells you, what plugins are loaded. Is the
demuxer plugin part of it?

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/