[packman] Audacity unable to load it's own project files (openSUSE 11.1)

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 4 15:11:16 CET 2009

Am Sonntag, 4. Januar 2009 schrieben Sie:
> Moin Hans-Peter,
>
> Am Sun, 4 Jan 2009 14:35:38 +0100
>
> schrieb "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj at urpla.net>:
> > unfortunately, Audacity is unable to load it's own project files.
> > Attempting to load such any results in:
>
> works fine for me:
>
> rpm -qa audacity
> audacity-1.3.6-0.pm.1
>
> > audacity: relocation error: audacity: symbol XML_ParserCreate,
> > version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8.so.0
> > with link time reference
>
> Did you install wxWidgets from PackMan?
>
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/wxWidgets
>
> Audacity was build with wxWidgets from PackMan, not with wxGTK from
> openSUSE.

Sure, I did:

# rpmg wxW
wxWidgets-compat-2.8.9.1-0.pm.1
wxWidgets-gl-2.8.9.1-0.pm.1
wxWidgets-devel-2.8.9.1-0.pm.1
wxWidgets-2.8.9.1-0.pm.1
wxWidgets-gl-compat-2.8.9.1-0.pm.1

BTW, I rebuilt audacity right away, and now it's fine for me, too?!?

Anyway thanks for the quick answer,
Pete