[packman] Dependency Failure for FFmpeg

CMV - Matt Magin matt.magin at cmv.com.au
Tue Dec 15 07:08:55 CET 2009

Hi guys,

Just tried to install the ffmpeg package from the Packman repository on
OpenSUSE 11.1.

It's installing ffmpeg version 0.5.20796svn-0.pm.1.1 on an i586
architecture.

When I select it I get an error: "nothing provides libx264.so.80 needed
by libavcodec52-0.5.20796svn-0.pm.1.1.i586"

After which I can't continue. It looks like the package was updated 1
hour ago? Did somebody break it?

Cheers,

Matt Magin

IT Support Officer

Commercial Motor Vehicles Pty Ltd

290 Wright St, Adelaide SA 5000 | P: (08) 8238 5585 (direct) | M: 0438
503 563 | W: www.cmv.com.au <http://www.cmv.com.au/>

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

 are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to who
 it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the
 person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
 recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error
 and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
 of the email and any file attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
 you have received this email in error, please immediately notify
 us by reply email to the sender and delete the email from your
 computer.