[packman] pulseaudio plugin for vlc

Vadym Krevs vkrevs at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 10:27:39 CET 2009

Hi all

I've recently upgraded to opensuse 11.2 and noticed that vlc builds from packman explicitly exclude the pulseaudio plugin (vlc-aout-pulse). This results in no sound in pulseaudio-enabled apps while vlc is active and vice versa, at least on my machine. The problem can be solved by editing vlc.spec to re-enable aout-pulse, and rebuilding, but it's a pain to do so each time vlc in packman gets updated.

Would it be possible to re-enable the plugin in default vlc builds from packman? From what I can understand, people who do not have pulseaudio installed, simply would not install the plugin.

Thanks,
Vadym