[packman] [PM] SalomeGeometry 4.1.4.5-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.0/i586)

Andrea Florio andrea at opensuse.org
Fri Dec 4 20:25:29 CET 2009

Hi Peter, you maybe didn't notice SalomeGeometry's URL nor the
description i'm afraid. here the package description:

"A complete OpenCascade - OCAF based CAD framework. Note that this is
not the original SALOME GEOM project but an effort to create a
standalone framework based on the existing one from SALOME project, with
the addition of extra functionality."

so this package is just a set of libraries like openCASCADE.

I'm actually working on "real" SALOME: http://www.salome-platform.org/
(today the website looks to be down)

but it's not so easy to package and build. Right now you can find the
first test packages in OBS repo Education:Salome:Factory

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Education:/Salome:/Factory/

Packages are still into a early stage, and infact looks to works fine
only on i586 (x86_64 has some issues due to hardcoded /usr/lib when
x86_64 use /usr/lib64)

Not all packages are succesufull but i think to be able to provide you a
full Salome as xmas gift! (at least on i586)

actually available modules are "kernel, gui, geometry and med".

Any way, as i told you i'm working to provide ORIGINAL salome, but i
will not provide SALOME-MECA because of 2 main reason:

1st it's based on an outdated salome version (4.something)
2nd it's enought to unzip the tarball e run the starting script.

i hope you'll want to provide me some useful test on salome packages.

btw. i should release into packaman repo pythonOCC soon
(http://www.pythonocc.org/)

btw.2
i know the mail is .de but it's because of packman stuff
(links2linux.de), feel free to use my "real" mail that is

andrea at opensuse.org

Regards
Andrea

Il 04/12/2009 19:56, Peter Blankenhorn ha scritto:

> Dear Andrea,
>
> the e-mail link was directed to a *.de address – therefore I thought to contact
> you best in German. Let's continue in English...
>
> I was very pleased to find the Salome CAD and FEM program in the Packman
> directory. In my job I'm working with Salome. It's a great and professional
> software. In our company we have installed CAELinux. It's a Ubuntu distribution
> with Salome as a main application.
>
> http://www.caelinux.com
>
> For my private computer I don't want to switch to Ubuntu. Therefore I was
> searching for Salome RPM's. But after installing the Packman RPM's I noticed
> there is no executable included. Was it your intension?
>
> Would it be possible to offer
>
> http://www.caelinux.com/CMS/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=40
>
> as a Packman RPM?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Peter

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea at opensuse.org
Packman Packaging Team