[packman] Latest build of libx264 built with --disable-asm??

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Fri Aug 28 22:00:05 CEST 2009

Am Freitag, 28. August 2009 schrieb Leon Freitag:
> On Friday 28 August 2009 00:23:06 Rodney Baker wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > The svn20090824 packman build of libx264 has serious performance
> > issues; when converting files via ffmpeg it shows the following:
> >
> >  [libx264 @ 0x8076790]using cpu capabilities: none!
> >
> > This results in frame rates about 75% lower than expected on this
> > hardware (drops from 50+ fps to 11fps on fast first pass and 25fps
> > to 2fps using hq preset with identical settings to the previous
> > build).

Install the new i686 build package. You should get the old speed back.

> we are migrating to a new build system now (based on OBS), and we are
>  having troubles with building i686 packages; and i586 packages are
>  built without optimisation.

Yes, they do not use mmx and sse assembler parts to be compatible to
i586 cpus that makes it work slower.

> @Manfred: maybe it's a good idea to rebuild x264 on the old build
>  system to retain the i686 packages?

I've removed more then only this i686 package, and there are even 43 on
the server. I can rebuild this one manualy, but I can't follow all
further automatic or manual rebuilds. I hope the settings in OBS will be
made soon, otherwise i686 packages will be dropped.

But for no, rebuild is on it's way

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/