[packman] Enemy Territory (Contribution)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed Apr 1 15:33:49 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 31. März 2009 schrieb Javier Llorente:
> Hello,
>
> I have built rpm packages of Enemy Territory and True Combat Elite. And
> yes, I used rpmbuild to build them ;-)
> They are games (freeware) and take some space...
>
> enemyterritory-2.60b-1.i386.rpm 255M
> tce-0.49-1.i386.rpm 447M

split of the data-files as a noarch package and make it nosrc.rpm.
You can also use the autodownloader package from packman, so the user must do
the download of the data-files and you provide only a small script to manage
the installation. See package itself for details. I used autodownloader often
for such large games (e.g. Wop, urbanterror, rott, trepidation, vavoom,
quake3, ..)

The noarch packages exist only once, otherwise the size of this package will
multiply per two or three (depends on possible ppc-build) per disribution.
i586.rpm, x86_64.rpm, ppc.rpm, src.rpm ...

> Is it possible to host them on Packman?
normally we don't host packages :)
you should join the team and maintain your packages yourself in the packman
repository.

> Greetings,
> Javier

have fun