[packman] 11.0 ppc packages

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Sep 23 21:12:25 CEST 2008

Am Montag 22 September 2008 schrieb Wade Berrier:
> On Monday 22 September 2008 1:47:18 pm Wade Berrier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I notice there are no ppc packages for 11.0... what's the story on
> > this? Anything I can do to help?
>
> I noticed this after writing this message:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/packman@links2linux.de/msg01617.html
>
> I may be able to use a g3 ibook to help compile some packages for
> 11.0.  How would I go about setting that up?

First of all you have to be able to setup a gpg key for signing the
build packages.
You have to setup a key based ssh authentication.
You can build the package in a lbuild environment, that's save but costs
a lot of time on a G3 cpu.
The other way is to build simply using lbuild. You have to solve
dependencies manualy but can save a lot of time. For building and
uploading I can give you my scripts, but the doing behind has to be
done by you.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/