[packman] AstroMenace 1.2.0-0.pm.1; Critical error.

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Oct 21 20:39:48 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2008 schrieb Günter Dannoritzer:
> Toni wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2008 schrieb Günter Dannoritzer:

> > as usual the standard question:
> > how did you start the game ? with the wrapper script ? This wrapper
> > script creates aome symlinks to the data-files. If the folder
> > ~/.AstroMenace already exists, delete it and start AstroMenace.sh again.
>
> Sorry, forgot that. First I started it via the K-Menu entry under
> Applications/Games/Action/AstroMenace
>
> After the game just quit, I started it with the script AstroMenace.sh
> from the command line.
>
> I removed the .astromenace folder now and then started it again with the
> script, but that did not work either.

please check the content of the folder ~/.astromenace

if there is no DATA/SCRIPT folder so this:
cd ~/.astromenace
ln -s /usr/share/games/AstroMenace/DATA .   (<==this is a dot !)

so we try to symlink additionally the DATA folder
from /usr/share/games/AstroMenace to the local directory AstroMenace
directory (same as the DATA_BASE folder)

if it works than, please give me a small note, so I can adjust the
wrapper-script.

have fun
Toni