[packman] JDownloader package

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Mon Nov 3 10:50:56 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 2. November 2008 schrieb Raúl Moratalla Guillén:
> Hi, I find very useful JDownloader and IMHO should be interesting to
> provide a package for it. It's written in Java and is released under GNU
> GPL3:
>
> "JDownloader is open source, platform independent and written completely in
> Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like
> Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com - not only for users with a premium
> account but also for users who don't pay. It offers downloading in multiple
> paralell streams, captcha recognition, automatical file extraction and much
> more. Of course, JDownloader is absolutely free of charge. Additionally,
> many "link encryption" sites are supported - so you just paste the
> "encrypted" links and JD does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF
> and the new DLC files."
Yes, I use it already and often :)

> Main site: http://jdownloader.org/
>
> Should be possible to package it?
I have a prototype package running here. But jdownloader has a update function
and overwrite classes/jars nearly every day with updates. So IMHO it is not
to handle as a "real" rpm-package.

It copies over even all the windows files (exe and bat) and all needed jars,
even if they are present i other directories (/usr/share/java).

As long as this behaviour is not controlable, a central installation is not
possible or the installation directory must be writable by the user.

So my advice install it locally and be happy with this nice program.

> Thanks for your effort providing a lot of useful packages for us.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Raúl Moratalla

have fun
Toni