[packman] Package request: K3b for 11.0

Carl Troein carl.troein at ed.ac.uk
Fri May 9 13:28:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm a long-term suse+packman user who recently upgraded from opensuse
10.3 to 11.0 beta 1. You guys have really saved me and other from
spending lots of time and effort on getting essential functionality
like audio and video playback. Thank you. :-)

That said, there is one package that I would be happy to see compiled
for 11.0: K3b. You have a 10.3 version of it, complete with k3b-codecs
(which is the part missing from the crippled opensuse 11.0 version).
 From what I can tell, the reason that packman has no 11.0 version of
K3b is that there have been no new releases of it since last year.
I could of course try installing the 10.3 version, or just compile it
myself, or use some other tool to decode mp3s before burning them to an
audio CD. But still, if someone has the time to make a packman package
for 11.0, there would hopefully also be others who would benefit from
it, and it would be appreciated. If you're already planning to do this
before 11.0 is released, feel free to ignore this entire paragraph.

Cheers,
//Carl

   Carl Troein - carl.troein at ed.ac.uk
   http://carl.troein.com/