[packman] sane-backends requires hotplug

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Mon May 5 20:06:22 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 5. Mai 2008 schrieb Rui Santos:
> Manfred Tremmel wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2008 schrieb Rui Santos:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >>     I'm trying to upgrade my openSUSE version 10.3 to
> >> kernel-2.6.25. Kernel-2.6.25 requires udev-120
> >>     udev-120 obsoletes hotplug
> >
> > In 10.3 hotplug is provided by udev. When you update udev, doesn't
> > the new package provide hotplug?
>
> No, it specific obsoletes it...

Install the sane source-rpm, remove the requires entry in the spec file
and recompile it. I don't think it will make trouble.
I can't provide a package for each update tree out of the normal
openSUSE YOU update.

> >>     sane-backends requires hotplug and I need sane-backends.
> >>
> >>     Does sane-backends really need hotplug ?
> >
> > In 10.3 it requires hotplug to change the rights on removable
> > devices.
>
> Oh! no removal then ?!

udev provides the hotplug mechanism, if there is a Provides entry, or
not.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/