[packman] update deletes packages

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Mar 27 12:15:49 CET 2008

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2008 schrieb Ken Schneider:

> Performed an update today using zypper and lo and behold several
> package were delete. One of them was DVDStyler which I use quite a
> lot and now it will not install due to a missing depen on libswscale
> which was also deleted. When can this dependency problem be resolved?
> I find it rather foolish that someone would create an update on
> package without first checking that it doesn't bugger some other
> packages.

libswscale is part of the package libffmpeg0, do you have installed this
Package? I don't know about dependency problems, can you give more
informations about what dependency(s) can't be solved.

Make sure, you do have included the openSUSE oss repository, the
CD/download DVD can't solve all needed dependency for our packages!

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/