[packman] ktorrent3 (openSUSE 11.0/i586): crash upon start, requires libkde4

Guido Schmidt gtschmidt at gmx.de
Sun Jun 29 12:06:36 CEST 2008

Installed KDE: 3.5.9
Name: ktorrent3
Version: 3.0.2
Release: 0.pm.4
Vendor: packman.links2linux.de

This package requires libkde4. (This funny, I thought it only needs kde3.)
This is the only kde4-package I have installed. Maybe this is related to the
crash?

That's what it says upon start:

ktorrent(5457): : couldn't create slave :  "Cannot talk to klauncher: The name
org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files"

ktorrent(5457): : couldn't create slave :  "Cannot talk to klauncher: The name
org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files"

<unknown program name>(5456)/: Communication problem with  "ktorrent" , it
probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

~> KCrash: Application 'ktorrent' crashing...
sock_file=/home/username/.kde4/socket-hostname/kdeinit4__0
Warning: connect() failed: : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly.

Any help kindly appreciated.
Guido