[packman] [openSUSE 10.3] kaffeine 0.8.6 does not like xine 1.1.13

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Jun 21 14:55:40 CEST 2008

Am Samstag 21 Juni 2008 schrieb Roland Walter:

> I updated via smart to the newes libxine1-1.1.13-0.pm.2 and newest
> kaffeine 0.8.6-54.1.pm.0.
>
> Viewing ZDF is not possible anymore, and a few other channels. The
> sound ~ is very strong chopped into parts and the load of the
> computer raises to 100 percent. I use a DVB-S TV-card. But a fellow
> on linux-club.de with a DVB-T card had the same problem.

It looks like a problem betweenn libxine1 1.1.13 and kaffeine 0.8.6 on
TV stations with more then one audio channel. When you delete the other
audio channels out of the kaffeine channel settings, it works without a
problem.

> To resolve the issue I downgraded kaffeine to the original version
> delivered with openSUSE 10.3, kaffeine 0.8.5. Seems this should be
> filed as bug directly at the kaffeine project.

Kaffeine 0.8.6 with libxine1 1.1.12 works, and Kaffeine 0.8.5 with
libxine1 1.1.13 works. I'll take a look on it and let you know, when I
do have a better solution then removing the audio pids in Kaffeine.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/