[packman] Re: [PM] kdenlive 0.6.0 (openSUSE 11.0/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed Jun 11 17:39:31 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008 schrieb Andreas Voigt:
> Dear Toni, oder lieber Toni,
> Kdenlive 0.6 opened on my Suse 10.3 machine once. From then it crashes
> on every attempt. I have deinstalled and installed several times, have
> added all the libraries necessary for compilation but nothing changes.
> Can you help?
>
> This is what bash replies:
>
> Hugo03:/home/anvoigt/Desktop/kdenlive-0.5 # kdenlive
> kbuildsycoca running...
> DCOP Cleaning up dead connections.
> Failed to load plugin: /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltavformat.so:
> undefined symbol: av_free_static
> Failed to load plugin: /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltavformat.so:
> undefined symbol: av_free_static
> Failed to load plugin: /usr/share/mlt/modules/libmltavformat.so:
> undefined symbol: av_free_static
> KCrash: Application 'kdenlive' crashing...

try to delete $HOME/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc

and the mail topic says openSuSE-11.0 and in your mail you try to open
kdenlive on openSuSE-10.3, so what version are you using on which SuSE
version ?

rpm -qa | grep kdenlive
rpm -qa | grep mlt
rpm -qa | grep mlt++

and to confuse me totally:  "Hugo03:/home/anvoigt/Desktop/kdenlive-0.5 #
kdenlive"

are you using kdenlive 0.5 ? did you tried to install it yourself from the
tarball and perhaps there are some files of your attempts installed
in /usr/local and conflicts with the actual kdenlive-0.6 version from
packman ?

and your commandline prompt indicates that you are trying to start the
application as root ?

Sorry, I'm confused :)
--
have fun