[packman] Re: [PM] liquidlnf 0.2.6 (openSUSE 10.3/noarch)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Tue Jun 10 22:45:54 CEST 2008

Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 schrieb Bill Wayson:
> Hello Toni,
>      Thank you for the work you do for the Packman site.  Whenever I
> try to install the liquidlnf rpm (onto an openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 PC), I
> get this message:
>
> #rpm -ivh liquidlnf-0.2.6-0.pm.3.noarch.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by
> liquidlnf-0.2.6-0.pm.3.noarch
>

> I've done some searching of the Internet on "rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma)".
> The few hits I get provide no solution for the various RPMs giving
> this error message -- the problem usually gets resolved in a later
> version of the RPM.  If you know how to handle the problem, I would
> greatly appreciate hearing the solution.  Thank you very much for your
> time.
you need a "newer" rpm-package.
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse

simply download and install the rpm package for your architecture.
In the blog from Pascal you can find the technical description why this is
necessary:
http://dev-loki.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html
look for the article: "rpm lzma payload and breaking hot upgrade to 11.0"

--
have fun
Toni