[packman] [PM] MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.pm.4 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 27 16:26:13 CEST 2008

Pascal,

The most recent update of MPlayer for openSuse 10.3/i586 appears to have
broken support for realplayer streams. Prior to updating shortly after July
11th I could capture and dump real audio streams; after the update it no
longer worked.

After the update, it is trying to use libNemesi for rtsp:// streams, however
this does not currently talk the protocol required for real audio rtsp://
streams. I have had to re-compile from source enabling live555 support to
regain the ability to play and dump real audio rtsp:// streams.

What was MPlayer using for real audio rtsp:// streams prior to the 11th? The
reason I ask is because I did not have live555 installed on my system
previously, yet it worked until the latest update.

Could you please modify the package for 10.3 to include live555 support?

In case you aren't aware, live555 is installable from Yast and by default
installs in /usr/lib/live (including all dev headers and files). To enable it
with MPlayer I had to use ./configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/lib/live.

Regards,

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV
rodney.baker at iinet.net.au

Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with the
victims he intends to eat until he eats them.
		-- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)