[packman] mythfrontend plugin configuration

Herbert Graeber herbert at links2linux.de
Thu Jan 31 21:46:00 CET 2008

Am Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2008 14:32:28 schrieb Brandon Reno:
> It seems that the mythplugins (mythvideo, mythdvd, etc) aren't installed in
> such a way that they show up in the mythfrontend menu.  As far as I can
> tell, there is a configure.pl in each plugin's directory that does this.

No, there is sufficient to install and configure the frontend and backend and
to install the plugins.

> The computer I have the issue on is not currently on the network, so I
> can't get get the info4packman output to you yet.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Are there steps I can take now to get it
> working?
>
> Honestly, I have no use for the actual tv recording part at this time. I
> specifically wanted this for mythvideo, mythdvd and mythgallery

Maybe that's the reason, you don't have a proper backend installation. I am
unsure if it is possible to configure it without TV at all.

If you do not use TV, MythTV is not really what you need, because it is mainly
TV plus plugins for other things.

You shall have a look on MyMediaSystem (mms), which works the other way round.
It is a media (music, video and pictures) organizer and player. You can
plugin vdr for TV, but don't have to.

Cheers,
Herbert