[packman] Re: [PM] Azureus 3.0.4.3 (openSUSE 10.3/noarch)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Fri Jan 18 22:16:50 CET 2008

Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2008 schrieb Arash Karimpoor:
> Hi there Toni
> Thanks for your packaging, I use the Azureus rpm package you have made
> and there is a little problem with it:
> It put shared plugins in /home/user_name/plugins which I hate and I'm
> really considering to move to another torrent downloader, if you see
> this link in suseforums.net you'll see that according to azureus team
> this should be a packaging bug, in that case I would really appreciate
> it if you change it to somewhere but home folder (at least not visible)
> in your next azureus package update.
as I took the original Azureus-xxxx-Byy.jar from here:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/index_CVS.php
and do nothing at all with it ... it is the original jar file provided by the
Azureus team.

In my package I only create a kde-menu-entry and a wrapper-script to set
classpaths and java-library-paths according the jpackage polica which is used
on SuSE distribution: so I won't believe its a package bug :)

It is the "natural" behaviour of Azureus to create this folder in the
home-directory of the user who first started Azureus, so I can't do anything
against it, ok, I could compile Azureus from source and inspect the source
code to find out there this path is set. But that is something I won't do...

In the posting you mentioned, there is no hint at all for a solution. And the
guy who posted where has a languagae and attitude I don't like at all....

--
have fun
Toni