[packman] Bristol

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Thu Jan 3 23:28:19 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 schrieb David Herman:
> On Thursday 03 January 2008, Toni wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 schrieb David Herman:
> > > I'm running suse 10.3 64bit on a core2duo cpu.
> > > 4gb ram, kde3.8 desktop, nvidia propietary drivers.
> > >
> > > I have installed the bristol / brighton packages for 64bit from
> > > the packman repo.
> >
> > what packages have you installed, please name the package-names
> > and versions.
>
> I use smart to install most of my packages, according to smart I
> have all of the current bristol (libbristol0, bristol, bristol-aks,
> bristol-arp2600, bristol-axxe, bristol-b3, etc) and brighton
> packages  that are available on packman installed.
>
> libbrighton 0.10.12-0pm1 at x86-64
> 24 bristol packages all with version number 0.10.12.-0pm1 at x86-64
>
> I've also got most of the jack packages from packman as well
>
> > I guess you miss one of the synth-packages e.g. bristol-hammond
> > or bristol-arp2600.
> >
> > Next Question, what happens if you start bristol with one of the
> > kde-menu-entries ?
>
> I tried a handful of the kde-menu entries (both jack and alsa) and
> got the same results
> I just get the white window with no error info.
>
> > Those entries call the startbristol wrapper script with some
> > extra parameters like "-jack"
>
> Glad to hear that it works somewhere. I'm guessing that it has
> something to do with the nvidia propietary driver or maybe xorg.
>
> nvidia driver  100.14.23
> xorg 7.2-135.4

ok, it seems to be a 64bit related problem in addition with xorg:

http://lists.64studio.com/pipermail/64studio-users/2007-August/000282.html
http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2007-September/013791.html

http://www.64studio.com/howto_bristol
"....From what I can tell, this seems to be due to an issue that has been
flagged in a couple of mailing lists with X11 relating to the XCreateImage
function which has now been patched,...."

So I cann't help you any further. Perhaps follow the above thread and/or write
to the author of bristol. Perhaps hi can find a workaround.

--
have fun
Toni