[packman] OpenSUSE 10.3 - claws-mail package problems

Alexander Shaduri ashaduri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:15:50 CET 2008

There seems to be a problem with current claws-mail and
claws-mail-extra-plugins packages.

claws-mail is 3.3.0, while claws-mail-extra-plugins is 3.2.0.
The problem is that claws-mail-extra-plugins is compiled
against claws-mail 3.2.0, and the plugins won't load with
3.3.0 (they throw a runtime error about compiled version mismatch).

The packages are found here:
http://packman.links2linux.org/package/claws-mail
http://packman.links2linux.org/package/claws-mail-extra-plugins

Maybe there's some way to add an automatic claws-mail version
dependency to the plugins package at build-time, to avoid this stuff
in the future? I think this is not the first time I've been bitten by
this problem.

claws-mail-3.3.0-0.pm.0
claws-mail-extra-plugins-3.2.0-0.pm.1

Distro: openSUSE 10.3