[packman] missing files in libjack0-0.109.2-0.pm.1.i586.rpm OpenSuSE 10.3

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Wed Feb 13 14:11:56 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 schrieb Paul Duffy:
> libjack0-0.109.2-0.pm.1.i586.rpm is missing libjack.so and libjack.la
> which leaves the old versions pointing to a non-existant
> libjack.so.0.0.23 thereby breaking the library.
No, those files are in the libjack-devel package and they'll be there.

I know there are a couple of programs out there, which are looking for
libjack.so, but this is a "wrong behaviour" of those programs... (they try to
load the shared lib at runtime and are not linked against libjack.so.*)

If you have such a program: simply install the libjack-devel package and
you'll be fine.

--
have fun
Toni