[packman] [PM] xmms 1.2.11 (SuSE 10.0/i586)

Balazs Melikant balazs.melikant at univie.ac.at
Wed Feb 6 22:29:01 CET 2008

Hi,

Please let me report you a smaller issue for the subj. source rpm,
when attempting to rebuild it on SUSE 9.1, because the build stops
with:

RPM build errors:
    File not found: /home/juzah/muhely/tmp/xmms-1.2.11-build/usr/share/pixmaps/xmms.png

The reason for this is that there is no such file, because from
the .SPEC file you let to copy it exclusively for versions _above_
openSUSE 10.2:

%if %suse_version > 1020
install -m 0644 -D %SOURCE7 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/pixmaps/xmms.png
%endif

Even on SUSE 9.1 I wanted to keep that .png file, therefore
modded the first line to
%if %suse_version > 800
I would assume that if you would like to package that file really
only for versions above 10.2, then an "if ..." should be built into
the file list in the .SPEC as well, if that is generally possible.

Anyway, thanks for providing the above package(s), with this hint the
build process was OK and have the stuff up and running:)

Kind regards,
Balazs MELIKANT