[packman] [PM] me-tv 0.7.6-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.0)

Luboš Staněk lubek at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 26 20:12:27 CET 2008

Hi Andrea,
I have checked the updated RPM and there are some minor issues. I do not use SUSE so maybe I am wrong in some issues.

> BuildRequires: gcc-fortran libxine-devel gnet-devel

The required player dependency is missing. me-tv is using the standalone xine player instead of the xine-lib.

> BuildRequires: liboil-0_3-0

The application does not need some specific CPU support.

> Requires: /usr/bin/scan

It does not require the scanning application. It scans the frequencies alone. It can use tuning files from linuxtv-dvb-apps (if it is packaged with /usr/bin/scan) or any other user's initial tuning file.
You should check if the path to tuning files is included in scan_window.h:#define SCAN_DIRECTORIES. Otherwise add it and report it to the author.

The configure.ac defines required components. Some of them are missing in the .spec file. I hope that they are covered by the default install.

Best regards,
Lubos