[packman] libxine1-codecs shouldn't include "/usr/share/doc/packages/xine/README.SuSE"

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Wed Dec 24 02:23:50 CET 2008

2008/12/24 Manfred Tremmel <manfred at links2linux.de>:
> Am Mittwoch 24 Dezember 2008 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
>> $ rpm -qf /usr/share/doc/packages/xine/README.SuSE
>> libxine1-1.1.15-44.pm.2
>
> Yes, it's inside libxine1 package and not inside libxine1-codecs.

Ups, true.

>> and makes a (weak) patch from openSUSE version of Kaffeine
>
> I don't belive the readme file patches anything ;-)
>
>> (https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=messagebox-dvd.dif
>>f&package=kaffeine&project=openSUSE%3A11.1) wrongly detect if it can
>> play DVDs.
>
> Therefore we do have a uncrippled Kaffeine version at Packman.

Up to where I know the version from openSUSE is 100% functional. With a
$ rm /usr/share/doc/packages/xine/README.SuSE
it plays DVDs just fine.
It just tries to detect if the installed xine version is able to play
DVDs. The detection is based in the existence of
/usr/share/doc/packages/xine/README.SuSE and /usr/share/xine/mad.
It's already reported to openSUSE that no actual package provides
"/usr/share/xine/mad", but also the existence of
/usr/share/doc/packages/xine/README.SuSE in the Packman package
doesn't makes too much sense.

The thing is if the README.SuSE file is removed from the packman
package openSUSE's Kaffeine will work. When I thought the file was in
libxine1-codecs it made a lot of sense to just remove it since its
contents are also wrong... being in libxine1, one could argue that
it's better to mantain it similar to the openSUSE version.
So, it's just that. Do how you think is better... the real problem is
in the openSUSE package anyway.