[packman] [PM] mediatomb 0.11.0 (openSUSE 10.3/i586)

Stefan.Bergler at web.de Stefan.Bergler at web.de
Sat Dec 20 16:03:51 CET 2008

Hi!

I had severe problems getting mediatomb up running / responding. I solved it changing the following points (in order of importance):

In /etc/mediatomb/config.xml change:
<home>/etc/mediatomb</home>
<home>/var/lib/mediatomb</home>
then mediatomb should be running / be accessible over http!
(By the way, the file /var/lib/mediatomb/config.xml is / was a copy of /etc/init.d/mediatomb )

In /etc/init.d/mediatomb change the chown statements. Mediatomb is started as user 'mediatomb' therefore it has no access to the files if they belong to 'nobody'.
E.g. change
 chown nobody $MT_PIDFILE
 chown "${MT_USER}:${MT_GROUP}" $MT_PIDFILE

I also changed the used IP to use the Interface, although that should not be required.
But if getting the IP address it is a good idea to do a
 export LC_ALL=POSIX
before calling any commands. My root account comes up with german messages by default! I did not change / set this, but that's the way the standard configuration does it.
Alternative you may replace
IFACE_IP=`ifconfig | grep -i "$MT_INTERFACE" -A 1|grep "inet addr"|cut -d " " -f 12|cut -d ":" -f 2`
with
IFACE_IP=`LC_ALL=POSIX ifconfig | grep -i "$MT_INTERFACE" -A 1|grep "inet addr"|cut -d " " -f 12|cut -d ":" -f 2`

Nevertheless, many thanks providing mediatomb!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Munich,
 Stefan