[packman] [PM] cegui 0.6.2-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Dec 14 19:46:13 CET 2008

Am Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008 schrieb Andrea Florio:
> Hi tony, sorry for the new mail,
>
> i red cegui change log, i think that :
>
> - moved *.so files to devel sub-package
>
> break smc, as told, is enought to install cegui-devel to have the game
> works again

Make sure smc is looking for  libCEGUIXercesParser.so.0, the versioned library
instead of libXXXX.so ... this is a typical "bug" for windows based programs,
they do a dlopen(params) call at runtime instead of dynamic linking. Can
normally be easily patched.
The fault is in SMC, all other cegui-based packags work with the actual
cegui-packes.

*.so are only needed for linking, it was a mistake of me to have them in the
cegui package (/usr/lib/* was the bad-boy..) and this was corrected in the
new release.

ANd IMHO it is a bad idea to make a Requires  to cegui-devel. This will pull
in a lot of other devel-packages. But it is your package and your decision.

--
have fun
Toni