[packman] libxine1 dependency problem

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Aug 31 17:44:00 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 31 August 2008 schrieb walter harms:
> thx for fast reply,
> my internet access is a bid bad i have disabled remote downloads
> normally and rely on DVD only.

You can giv priorities to the installation sources to let YaST use the
DVD first.

> i will give it an other try but i would like to question the wisdom
> to rely on stuff outside the normal DVDs.
> (Just think of the confusion SUSE removes the package again, keeping
> a copy on packman may help in that case also.)

There only about halfe of the packages on DVD, to test all the
dependencies against the DVD provided packages would cost a lot of
time. To make all this packages available in the packman repository
would mean, we have to look for security updates and cost a lot of
diskspace. I don't think it's usefull to make this double.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/